Monday 29 February 2016

Rae reads... Caillou, Easter Egg Surprise by Kim Thompson

Caillou, Easter Egg Surprise by Kim Thompson

Its Easter and the Easter Bunny has hidden Caillou's eggs at grandma's house. Once Caillou has found all of his eggs he decides to hide some for his sister to find.

This book is perfect for young children it has easy to understand words and straight forward sentences. My little boy had seen the Caillou cartoon before so he recognised the character so I think that helped him to be even more interested in me reading this story to him.

One of the best things about this children's book is the bright and colourful pictures it really helps set the scene for the story.

I liked how the adults asked Caillou to be involved in hiding the easter eggs for his younger sister. I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old so its always nice to see the older sibling taking an interest in the younger ones happiness.

The story was short enough to keep my 3 year olds attention but with just enough content to be interesting. This book is perfect for Easter especially if like my child he has always been a bit too young to understand about the Easter Bunny!

I like to talk about the books we read together so I asked my son questions like where would you hide the Easter eggs for your sister. I also asked him to show me certain objects like the eggs, squirrel & Caillou. I think this all helps to develop a childs understanding and books like these which deal with occasions are extremely helpful.

I would recommend this book to anyone with small children it was a helpful tool to explain the ideas behind an easter egg hunt. So now I have just got to sort our very own Easter egg hunt, wish me luck!

4 stars from me & Dex

Thank you to Chouette Publishing & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.


No comments:

Post a Comment