Tuesday 26 April 2016

Rae reads... Truth or Date by Portia MacIntosh

Truth or Date by Portia MacIntosh

Ruby is content to keep on dating until the right man comes along. That is until she has a surprisingly red hot dream about her flatmate Nick. What does it mean? They don't even like each other, do they?


I think the character of Ruby is an interesting one, I wouldn’t say I loved her character from the start. However as I continued reading she really grew on me, some of the situations she ended up in were really funny. I really liked her friendship with Millsy, together they were so funny even if a little childish at times. Nick was a great contrast to Ruby and I found all of their interactions brilliant especially as Ruby could be a bit misguided.

The plot is pretty straightforward and easy to follow and I found at times I couldn’t put this book down. The story is really entertaining and I couldn’t wait to find out how it would all end. There were quite a few comical moments and I found myself smiling away whilst reading it. I became engrossed in the story and loved the humour throughout.

Overall Truth or Date is an enjoyable, light hearted and amusing story with some really fun characters. I really liked Portia MacIntosh’s writing style and I will definitely be looking to read more books by her. A perfect book to curl up with and forget your worries!

Four and a half stars from me!

Thank you to Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read & review.

No comments:

Post a Comment