Thursday 28 April 2016

Rae reads... The Untamed Earl by Valerie Bowman

The Untamed Earl by Valerie Bowman

Lady Alexandra Hobbs has had her sights set on marrying Lord Owen Monroe since he came to the aid of her brother when they were younger. Unfortunately he is going to be betrothed to her spoiled older sister, Lavinia. Due to Lavinia's personality Owen needs all the help he can get so Alexandra offers to help. Is Alexandra really helping Owen or does she have an ulterior motive?


Both characters are really likeable and you could tell from the start they would be a perfect match. Their scenes together were sizzling and sparks flew whenever they were in the same room. I liked how both characters developed in this story especially Owen as he comes to realise that he can be a better man. Lavinia's behaviour at times made me want to scream I couldn't believe some of her actions. I also have to mention that the friends Alex made in this book were a great addition to the story. I will be definitely be looking at buying more of Valerie Bowman's books as I would love to read all their individual stories

The story was quite light hearted and I actually liked that I could just read and really enjoy the story without any major plot twists. I found the story interesting, charming and I really enjoyed reading about Alex and Owen. Especially when everyone got involved in their business and things got a little complicated.

Overall I really enjoyed reading The Untamed Earl the story kept my interest, especially near the end when I couldn't put it down! There are some comical moments and misunderstandings which help make it even more engaging. This book is perfect to unwind with and it left me smiling!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to St. Martin's Press & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.











No comments:

Post a Comment