Tuesday 17 May 2016

Rae reads... A Summer Of Secrets by Alice Ross

About the book:

A perfect, feel-good summer read about love, life and family.
One long hot summer. Secrets never stay buried for long…

Portia is determined to restore Buttersley Manor, her family’s crumbling ancestral home, to its former glory. Yet she has a feeling that there are a few forgotten skeletons in the dust-covered cupboards.

Jenny has put her life on hold for far too long. It’s time to finally start living and to dig up those hopes and dreams she’s kept hidden all these years – but is she brave enough?

Rich is happily married with a beautiful wife and lovely daughter. In fact, his world is perfect until a very unexpected consequence of his past walks through the door…

Joe would like nothing more than to travel back in time to when he and Gina were happy. But is it too late to rescue what they once had?

One thing’s for sure, nothing’s ever quite what it seems when it comes to life in the country!
 





My thoughts:

I liked how the story progressed in this book and it was interesting to see how each character developed. The plot was easy to follow and I ended up reading well after I should have gone to sleep. I found myself immersed in the story and the characters lives, it felt like I was almost a part of their village too.

Even though there are a few characters to follow I never got confused about who was who or what was happening. Each character brings something to the story but I have to say my favourites were Rich and Portia. Although to be honest I had fun reading about all of the characters problems. I especially liked how the characters lives intersected with each other it made it more fun to read. 

Overall: 

I enjoyed reading this book it was a delight to spend a few hours with all the characters and read all about their lives. This book kept me entertained right from the start and I would recommend this to anyone wanting to read a feel good summer book.

A Summer Of Secrets was a light hearted, entertaining and fun story. It is a perfect book to curl up with and get lost in the story!


Four stars from me!

Thank you to Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.


No comments:

Post a Comment