Tuesday 21 June 2016

Rae reads... Four Weddings and a Fiasco by Catherine Ferguson

About the book:

Katy Peacock lives a life as colourful as her name.

As a wedding photographer, she spends her days making other people smile as she captures all sorts of fun and capers at celebrations that range from the wacky to the wild.

But her own life isn’t looking quite so rosy. Her mum is acting out of character, her menacing ex is back on the scene, and she is torn between two gorgeous men. And that’s before we even get started on the trouble her sister is causing . . .

As Katy weathers the ups and downs of the season, she revisits problems from the past, discovers new friendships and finds that four weddings and a fiasco have the power to change her world beyond measure.



My thoughts:

At first sight I loved the cover to be honest I am very tempted to buy this book in paperback too. I think it would look lovely on my bookshelf!

After reading the prologue I couldn’t wait to read more I was definitely hooked. At the start of the book we see Katy struggling. I would say that in life most people go through phases of plodding along. We get up go to work, pay our bills and struggle along. This makes Katy easy to relate to and definitely more likeable. However it isn't all doom and gloom there are also some really comical moments throughout the book. Katy has some pretty embarrassing moments, especially involving Gabe. There are some definite face in hands moments. Gabe was pretty perfect, I think I fell for him a little bit myself. I loved their interactions and they had a great connection.

I loved the premise of the book especially because it involved photography and weddings. The plot moved at a really good pace and I enjoyed how the book was split into the different weddings and seasons. The story had bits of everything loss of trust, debt, love and forgiveness. It all came together to make a special story that left me with a smile!

Overall:

Four Weddings and a Fiasco is a charming, comical and lovable story!

I can't wait to read more books by Catherine Ferguson.

Five stars from me!

Thank you to HarperCollins Avon & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment