Wednesday 15 June 2016

Rae reads... The Little Village Bakery by Tilly Tennant

About the book:

Millie has just arrived in the village of Honeybourne and is determined to open the old bakery and settle into a happy life in the village. The bakery isn't in the best condition but the locals are lovely and all pitch in to help especially Jasmine and her brother Dylan. However Millie is running from her past and it soon catches up with her when an unexpected visitor turns up. 

Will Millie realise her dream of opening her little village bakery and will her blossoming romance with Dylan survive?


My thoughts:

I was instantly hooked by what secret Millie could be hiding, she seemed such a likeable character. So I couldn't wait to find out what had happened in her past. I thought Ruth was a brilliant character with her slightly too much information conversations. The flirtation between Millie and Dylan was great and they had lovely chemistry. 

The story moved at a good pace and Tilly Tennant made Honeybourne sound like somewhere I would like to live or at least visit. I really liked the story and how it unfolded. It was great to see all the villagers help Millie and how she slowly became a part of the village. 

Overall:

The Little Village Bakery is both inviting and enjoyable with some lovely characters. 

A perfect story for summer!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment