Friday 10 June 2016

Rae reads... The One With the Engagement Party by Erin Lawless

About the book:

Nora Dervan is getting married... but her four bridesmaids are more full of secrets than champagne.

Bea has barely gotten past the fact that her two best friends are seeing each other, and now they’re engaged, and Cleo is rather distracted by the hot new colleague she absolutely, definitely must not sleep with. Daisy is dreading the singles’ table, whilst Sarah’s own marriage hasn’t turned out to be all she hoped it would be...




My thoughts:

I have been looking forward to reading this for a while. I definitely wasn't disappointed as I loved all of the characters. I would probably say my favourite was Cleo, as I liked the interactions between her and Gray. Although each character has a good part in this book. I loved the idea of the long held friendships within the story. Then you also had the impact of newer friends and how they fit into a already established group of people.

It was a nice touch to read from multiple points of view. I thought at first I may have gotten a bit confused. However this never happened as long as I focused on who was who. I can however understand if people do get confused as there are a few characters to follow. 

The story was engaging and really helps set up the next book in the series. I think the next book will be even more interesting because this book has introduced the characters. I am guessing the plot will flow even better in the next one. I pretty much read this in one sitting it definitely kept my interest. Even though it's a novella it didn't feel rushed or abrupt to me.

Overall:

The One With the Engagement Party is all about love and friendship. It really is a great start to the Bridesmaids series!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to HarperImpulse & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.  This is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment