Friday 17 June 2016

Rae reads... The Second Chance Shoe Shop by Marcie Steele

About the book:

Riley Flynn is still looking for Mr Right but after her last break up she is starting to believe he might not exist.

Sadie Stewart is still trying to come to terms with losing her husband. The anniversary of his death is approaching and her grief is still raw.

Both women work at Chandler's shoe shop which is in danger of closing. Along with their co worker and friend Dan can they save the business and also find a bit of happiness too.



My thoughts:

I was instantly hooked mainly due to the fact that all of the characters were so likeable. The three friends had a lovely bond that was captured brilliantly by Marcie Steele.  Their interactions in the shop were great I could almost imagine I was there. Now if I had to pick a favourite character it would be Sadie. I can't even begin to understand how difficult it must be to lose your husband. I think because of her vulnerability it made me become more attached to her character. I wanted to see her happy but could also understand her reluctance to move on.

The story moved quickly and I wanted to keep reading well after I should have put the book down to go to sleep. The story flowed really well meaning there were no slow parts. I really liked the premise of the story. There are so many long established shops on our high streets that are struggling to stay afloat. The fact that the story is told from different points of view is also a positive. I believe it can add extra depth to a story and you can fully appreciate the characters. In the case of this book I definitely got that feeling. I laughed and cried whilst reading this book it is definitely a heart warming story.

Overall:

If you love reading about friendship, love and shoes this book is definitely for you!

The Second Chance Shoe Shop is both charming and emotive. I was hooked from the start!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Marcie Steele for running the #shoelove competition on Twitter where I won a copy of this book. I'm so glad I took part it was lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment