Wednesday 1 June 2016

Rae reads... Summer At Skylark Farm by Heidi Swain

About the book:

At the start of the book Amber is a career minded city girl. However when her boyfriend Jake suggests moving to the countryside to help out on the family owned farm, she is not sure what to do. Work has become quite stressful and maybe a change of scenery would be good.

Will Amber decide farming is for her or will she struggle to fit in and what will that mean for her relationship with Jake?


My thoughts:

I thought Amber was a great character she was capable, strong and likeable. The friendship with Annie was especially lovely along with Harriet and Jessica they made a great group of characters. I did like Jake and I found him more likeable especially as the book went on.

The plot was well thought out and progressed at a good pace with no slow parts. I found that I read the book in no time so it definitely kept my interest. Skylark Farm was described perfectly and I could just picture myself there. It even crossed my mind at one point that I would love to have some chickens!

Overall:

I really enjoyed reading this book all of the characters put together really helped make this a lovely story.

Summer At Skylark Farm is a delightful, heartwarming, and charming book. Perfect summer reading!

Four and a half stars from me!

Thank you to Simon and Schuster UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment