Tuesday 7 June 2016

Rae reads... Working It by Leah Marie Brown

About the book:

When Fanny trades her high fashion lifestyle for a teaching position in Alaska it's the start of an amazing adventure. Meeting Calder, the brave search and rescue pilot who once loved her best friend is just the start.

Can she find her happily ever after or is stepping out of her comfort zone a big mistake?


My thoughts:

I loved all of the characters in this book they were funny, charming and likeable. When Fanny accidentally sabotages her job it's the beginning of a journey of self discovery. It was great to see her character develop and grow. Calder is great he is strong, direct and I think most women would fall for him. Fanny has some great friends in Vivia and Laney they were both very funny at times. I thought the text messages that Vivia sent were a fun addition to the story.

The plot is straightforward and moves at a good pace. I pretty much read the book in two sittings. I would very much like to read the other books in the series. If this story is anything to go by I am sure they are great.

Overall:

Working It is an enjoyable, charming and fun story that will leave you with a smile!

Four and a half stars!

Thank you to Kensington Books & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment