Sunday 17 July 2016

Rae reads... Goodbye Ruby Tuesday (The House on Camden Square book 1) by A.L. Michael

About the book:

Four friends have become three. But that’s only the beginning.
Ruby, Evie, Mollie and Chelsea were the bad girls at school. But Ruby was the baddest. Evie fought her anger, Mollie fought her mother and Chelsea…well, Chelsea just fought. But Ruby set her sights on a bigger stage. And together, they dreamed of a future where Ruby could sing, Evie could make art, Mollie could bake, Chelsea could dance – and all of them could finally feel at home.
A decade later, the girls are reunited for the funeral of Ruby, who took the world – and the charts – by storm, before fading too soon. And Evie doesn’t know whether to laugh or cry when she learns that Ruby has left them a house on Camden Square – the perfect place for them to fulfil their dreams. But does she dare take the plunge, and risk it all for one last shot at the stars?

My thoughts:

The characters in this book were well written and lots of fun. Evie was instantly likeable with a no nonsense attitude but also with a little bit of vulnerability mixed in. I loved all of the interactions between Evie, Mollie and Esme. I think it took me a little bit longer to warm to Chelsea. However by the end I couldn’t wait to read her story in the next book. I fell a little bit for Killian myself especially as his past is revealed. 

The story moves quickly and after pretty much the first chapter I was hooked. There were no slow parts and this book definitely kept my interest. I really enjoyed the concept of this book it was kind of sad in a way that a group of friends had lost touch. However this story brings hope for the future too especially if you are willing to give it your best shot.

I loved the flashbacks that were dotted throughout the book. It was a lovely way to see how their friendship was back when they were teenagers. I became that immersed in the story that Goodbye Ruby Tuesday almost felt like I was reminiscing with old friends.

Overall:

If you love a story about friendship, love and new beginnings this book is perfect for you! 

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday is charming, fun and very entertaining!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to A. L. Michael, Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion. 

Available to buy from Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment