Thursday 14 July 2016

Rae reads... Something Old, Something New by Darcie Boleyn

About the book:

When Annie Thomas agrees to give her ex away at his wedding to his boyfriend, she thinks she’ll be fine. With her three children at her side, she can handle anything. Then she finds out her gorgeous first ex-husband Evan Llewellyn is flying in from his glamorous life in New York to attend as well!

An unexpected pregnancy ended their relationship and as she stumbles through the ups and downs of life as a working single mum – helping everyone else find a happy ending along the way – Annie refuses to believe their old and incredibly hot spark can still exist.

It’s only when she and Evan are forced to face up to the past together that they’ll discover if they can have their own happily-ever-after too!


My thoughts:

Annie is a really lovable character, she is realistic and down to earth who always puts her children first. I loved how this book was family orientated. It was great that Annie was nearing forty it made a nice change for the main character to be over thirty. By the end I felt like I personally knew their family, that is how drawn into the story I was. Cassie was great and I loved her after her first scene in the kitchen and even more so after the park.

The story moved at a lovely pace and I instantly got caught up in the storyline especially after the first chapter! There were some fun, embarassing and pretty emotional moments throughout this book and it all came together to make a truly heart warming story.

I can't wait to read more books by Darcie Boleyn!

Overall:

This book kept my attention throughout and had some really lovely characters that made this book extra special.

Something Old, Something New is well written and a perfect book to curl up with!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Darcie Boleyn who kindly sent me a copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion. 

Available to buy from Amazon UK

No comments:

Post a Comment