Monday 18 July 2016

Rae reads... A Year of Being Single by Fiona Collins

About the book:

Best friends Imogen, Frankie and Grace decide to test whether the grass really is greener on the single side of the fence…
Imogen is supposed to be on the most romantic weekend of her life and instead she’s quickly realised that her current boyfriend definitely isn’t ‘The One’ and actually One Big Mistake.
Frankie is fed up. Fed up of her good-for-nothing husband and her four, unappreciative children. Well, they hardly notice her anyway, maybe it’s time to shake it up a little…
Grace thought she had the perfect life. Gorgeous little boy and perfect, hardworking husband. Or rather, she did, until she realised her husband was shagging his ‘work’.
It’s time for a change – and to ditch the men who are dragging them down! It’s time for a year of being single. Swearing off men, these single ladies don’t need to put a ring on it…right?



My thoughts:

After reading the description for this book I was pretty sure I would enjoy it. It sounded fun and the characters looked interesting.

I have to say out of all of the characters I liked Frankie the most. I think it was easy to relate to her and her family issues. At some point pretty much everyone feels a little bit taken for granted to some degree. All of the characters were well written and I was hoping they all got their happy ever after.

The story moved at a good pace and my interest was kept throughout the book. It was lots of fun seeing the characters trying to keep to their pact of staying single. It has a lovely easy going feel to it, I wouldn't describe it as laugh out loud. However this book did leave me with a smile so definitely gets a thumbs up from me!


Overall:


A Year of Being Single is lovely enjoyable book that would be perfect to read on holiday!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to Carina UK & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment