Friday 7 October 2016

Rae reads... One Christmas in Paris by Mandy Baggot

About the book:


They say Paris is the City of Love, so bring your je ne sais quoi and don’t forget the mistletoe! 

Ava and her best friend Debs arrive in Paris just as the snow starts to fall. The Eiffel Tower glitters gold and the scent of spiced wine is all around, but all Ava can think about is Leo, her no-good, cheating ex. 

Debs is on a mission to make Ava smile again, and as they tour the Christmas markets, watch lamplight glittering on the river Seine, and eat their body weight in pain-au-chocolat, Ava remembers there’s more to life than men ... Until they cross paths with handsome, mysterious photographer Julien with his French accent and hazelnut eyes that seem to see right inside her. 

Ava can’t ignore the intense chemistry between them, but her fingers have been burned before and she can’t forget it, especially when her ex, Leo, starts texting again. Can Ava really trust Julien – and what exactly is his secret? 

Will Ava go home with a broken heart, or will she find true love amongst the cobbled streets of Paris? 

Join Ava and Julien in the most romantic city in the world this Christmas, as they discover the importance of being true to themselves, and learn how to follow their hearts. 


Buy here

My Review

All of the characters are well written and by the end of the book I felt as if I had really got to know them. I loved how Ava and Julien first met it was a great combination of fun and fiesty. Both Ava and Julien were complex characters with a family life that isn't exactly perfect. A special mention has to go to Debs and Ava they share a lovely friendship and this comes across brilliantly in the story. Their interactions were funny but also sweet at times as they had been friends for so long.

The book is vividly brought to life by Mandy Baggot and as I was reading I felt as if I had been transported to Paris myself. I loved the storyline involving Debs and her step dad it was one of my favourite parts. Everything moves along at a great pace and the setting of the book makes everything all the more romantic! All the gorgeous descriptions of food in this book left me craving more food than usual. So if i've gained any weight through snacking whilst reading I blame Mandy :)


Overall:

Mandy Baggot always manages to bring the characters to life in her stories and this heart warming tale shows this brilliantly. Paris, Christmas and plenty of romance really is a great combination!

One Christmas in Paris is both charming and romantic, it really is a perfect festive story!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for the ARC, this is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment