Sunday 27 November 2016

Review - Christmas under a Starlit Sky by Holly Martin

About the book: 

Step inside a beautiful winter wonderland where love, laughter and cosy nights by the fire will make this Christmas one to remember. 

Neve Whitaker loves managing the Stardust Lake hotel. She gets to work alongside her wonderful family and she’s spending Christmas on the most enchanting, snow-covered island in Scotland. So why is her heart so heavy this festive season? 

It might have something to do with the gorgeous actor Oakley Rey, the man she finished with before he left for California and the man she loves more than anything. With Oakley’s career in Hollywood soaring, Neve is convinced she’d only hold him back. She had to end it with him – at least that’s what she keeps telling herself. 

But now she has a secret she’s struggling to keep, and when Oakley arrives on Juniper Island determined to win her back, Neve is thrown off balance. Will Neve’s fear of having her heart broken again push Oakley away for good, or is it time for her to take a leap of faith? 

Buy here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Review

I loved Juniper Island from reading Christmas under a Cranberry Sky so I was looking forward to going back there in this book. Even though this story has characters from the first book in the Town Called Christmas series it can be read as a standalone.

The characters in this book were lovingly written and I felt like I was a part of their world. Both Neve and Oakley were strong characters. I have to say that I had my head in my hands a few times over some of the situations that Neve got herself in. I was definitely invested in Neve and Oakley's relationship. I really hoped they would get their happy ending.

Adam and Ivy were also a great addition and I really enjoyed their interactions. The promise of something happening between Luke and Audrey was lovely to see. Also catching up with Gabe and Pip from Christmas under a Cranberry Sky was perfect too!

I really enjoyed Christmas under a Starlit Sky it really is an uplifting story. My attention was kept throughout from the descriptions of Juniper Island to the people who live there.

Five stars from me! 

A beautiful story and amazingly romantic! 

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can read my review of Christmas under a Cranberry Sky here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment