Tuesday 10 January 2017

Review - The Gift by Louise Jensen

About the book

The perfect daughter. The perfect girlfriend. The perfect murder? 

Jenna is seriously ill. She’s lost all hope of getting the heart transplant she needs to live. But just as her life is ebbing away, she receives a donor heart from a girl called Callie

Who was Callie and how did she die? Jenna is determined to find out. 

The closer Jenna gets to those who loved Callie, the more questions arise about her untimely death. Someone knows what happened to Callie. Why won’t they talk? 

Jenna is about to uncover the truth, but it could cost her everything; her loved ones, her sanity, even her life. 

Buy here

My Review

Throughout the story I felt varying degrees of tension and there was an underlying feeling of unease that I couldn't shake as Jenna digs into Callie's life. Louise Jensen did a fantastic job of keeping me on the edge of my seat as the story unravels and things are revealed. My interest was kept completely and I loved the way the story was revealed bit by bit.

I became totally immersed in Jenna's life and I really didn't want to put the book down. To the point of missing my stop on the bus! Yes, I know it's a little embarassing (maybe I shouldn't have admitted that) but the story had grabbed me that much I pretty much forgot where I was, oops!

Jenna is a complex and well developed character. Louise Jensen really brought her to life and it felt as if I was experiencing everything with her.

From every snatched moment of reading I thoroughly enjoyed this thrilling story. I wish I could have read The Gift in one go but then real life gets in the way. I couldn't wait to find out the truth and the premise was so interesting. Jenna is such an intriguing character everything about The Gift made it a such a gripping story!

This book kept me on my toes all the way through especially as the tension builds and builds. There were plenty of moments when I didn't trust anyone. I would think I had things sussed and then I was like okay maybe not. I am so glad I picked up this book I can't recommend it enough!

The one word I can use to describe The Gift is simply - Captivating!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.



No comments:

Post a Comment