Wednesday 18 January 2017

Review - The Lord's Persuasion of Lady Lydia by Raven McAllan

About the book:

Seducing the wallflower…

Over the years, Lydia Field has perfected the art of being a wallflower. It’s the only way to avoid the attention of unwanted suitors – and the perils of a convenient, loveless marriage! Instead, she dreams of the day she can leave London’s high society behind her, trading the glamorous balls and afternoon teas for a quiet life in the country.
But in an unguarded moment, she finds herself catching the eye of notorious rake ‘Handsome Harry’, Lord Birnham. Now that he’s glimpsed the wildness and fire that lurks beneath Lydia’s demure exterior, Lord Birnham will not rest until he has unleashed the full extent of her passion!
For if there’s one skill that Lord Birnham is known for, it’s the art of persuasion…


Buy here


My Review 

I always enjoy reading historical romance so when I saw The Lord's Persuasion of Lady Lydia I knew I had to add it to my Kindle! 
So what did I think..

 The interactions between Lydia and Harry were great and they provided plenty of entertaining moments. It was fun to see them dance around each other as Harry begins his pursuit of Lydia. Harry was so much fun and extremely likeable and it was definitely amusing how Lydia's character kept him on his toes throughout the book. It was great to get to know the real Lydia especially as her mask begins to slip and her true personality breaks through. 

The story progresses at a good pace, I didn't find any slow parts however I have to admit there were some parts of the story that grabbed me more than others. I enjoyed the slow build up in their relationship as I guess it felt more natural and less forced. I would say by half way through I was invested in the story and couldn't wait to see how things would play out. I found myself smiling throughout the story as Harry and Lydia spar, with Lydia totally determined to carry out her plan. Will Harry be successful in his pursuit of Lydia?

The Lord's Persuasion of Lady Lydia is a light hearted and entertaining story!

Four stars from me!

Thank you to HQDigitalUK & Netgalley for my copy. This is my honest and unbiased opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment