Saturday 18 June 2016

Rae reads... Not Quite Sheer Happiness by Melissa Baldwin

About the book:

Sienna Harris is back and appears to be on top of the world! Her company, Sheer Happiness Events, is booming, but personally she’s a mess. She never imagined that with amazing success would come tremendous pressure. Although her professional life seems in disarray at times, her relationship with the dashing Ace Eckelund is finally progressing.

Friendships are tested and so is her relationship when—once again—the past collides with the present. Sienna begins to question everything in her life and wonders if she should throw out her desire for constant certainty and live life on the edge for once. But, will she be able to change the person she has always been for who she wants to become?


My thoughts:

After reading the blurb for this book I was very pleased to take part in the release day blitz and to read and review.

First of all I should mention this book is part of a series but I personally didn't find this to be a problem. I easily got into the story and I found Sienna an intriguing character. Sienna seems to have it all but little things that happen make her doubt that she will get her happy ending. I really liked how close Sienna and her friends were. I thought the addition of Maureen to the story was great. Her character only came in part way through but I think she definitely helped Sienna see sense and to get perspective.

The plot moved at a good pace and at times I didn't want to stop reading. It was interesting to have a main character who has insecurities. I thought Melissa Baldwin wrote this in a way that everyone could possibly relate to in some degree. I am really hoping that I get chance soon to read the other books in the Event to Remember series. It would be great to see how it all started.

Overall

Not Quite Sheer Happiness is both fun and entertaining!

Four and a half stars from me!

Thank you to Karan Eleni and Melissa Baldwin for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment