Thursday 7 July 2016

Rae reads... Love to Hate You by Anna Premoli

About the book:


Jennifer and Ian have known each other for seven years, and they've always been at war. They are leaders of two different teams in the same merchant bank, and are engaged in a running battle to be number one.


Until one day, they are forced to work on the same project, managing the money of a rich aristocrat. They have to spend a lot of time together, even outside office hours. Ian is the most wealthy and sought-after bachelor in London, and an innocent evening spent at the same table is enough to land him and Jennifer on the gossip pages of a tabloid.

Much to his surprise, Ian starts to realise that being with Jenny could have its benefits: the photos have discouraged all the vacuous girls that usually flock to him. Pleased to be rid of them, Ian makes Jenny an offer she can't refuse: to have free reign of their rich client if she pretends to be his girlfriend. But soon, it becomes more and more difficult to tell the difference between fiction and reality... 




My thoughts:

When I read the description for Love to Hate You I was pretty sure I would enjoy it. Once I started reading I have to say I was impressed. Jenny is a strong, capable and very likeable character. I really took to her straight away and couldn't wait to see if she would get her happy ending. Ian is great, annoying at times but also quite captivating especially as the story proresses. The interactions between Ian and Jenny were lots of fun to read, it felt like sparks literally flew!

The plot progressed really well and I found the writing style witty and lots of fun. I didn't really find any slow parts and the story set a good pace. The book kept my attention throughout and I was really looking forward to seeing how everything would turn out in the end. I would be very happy to read more books by Anna Premoli.


Overall:

Love to Hate you is fun, witty and entertaining!

Four and a half stars from me!

Thank you to Aria & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment