Tuesday 5 July 2016

Rae reads... Melody Bittersweet and The Girls' Ghostbusting Agency by Kitty French

About the book:

She’s single, she's addicted to sugar and super heroes, her family are officially bonkers and ... she sees dead people. Is it any wonder no-one’s swiping right on Tinder? 
Waking up lonely on her twenty seventh birthday, Melody finally snaps. She can’t carry on basing all of her life decisions on the advice of her magic 8 ball; things have got to change. 

Fast forward two months, and she’s now the proud proprietor of her very own ghostbusting agency - kind of like in the movies but without the dodgy white jumpsuits. She’s also flirting with her ex Leo Dark, fraternising with her sexy enemy in alleyways, and she’s somehow ended up with a pug called Lestat. 

Life just went from dull to dynamite and it’s showing no sign of slowing up anytime soon. Melody’s been hired to clear Scarborough House of its incumbent ghosts, there’s the small matter of a murder to solve, and then there’s the two very handsome, totally inappropriate men hoping to distract her from the job… 


My thoughts:

After reading the blurb for this book I knew I had to read it, the story was different to anything I had read recently. The cover is pretty cool too, it's fair to say it instantly grabbed my attention!

From the very beginning I liked Melody she was both funny and lovable. It was so much fun reading what would happen to her next. Her friendship with Marina is brilliant and very well written and the conversations they have are so funny. 

All of the characters were fun, unique and quirky especially the Bittersweet family. Fletch was a great character too, very masterful! I loved the interactions or should I say clashes between Melody and Fletch. Lestat the pug is great, there are plenty of hilarious moments just involving him. I think I could go on and on about the characters but I don't wan to ruin this book, so I will stop right now.

I have to say the first chapter is one of the best I have read in a while. It's witty, fun and pretty embarrassing for Melody. It really sets the scene for the rest of the book and I couldn’t wait to read more. The mystery running throughout the book was great and I was intrigued as to how they would solve it. At times I couldn't put this book down and that is a definite sign of a winning story. The plot moved at a quick pace and I kept saying to myself just one more chapter. Which of course didn't happen and before I knew it I had pretty much finished the book. There is never a dull moment at The Girls' Ghostbusting Agency!

Overall:

This book had so many comical moments, I was either laughing or smiling. If you are in need of cheering up definitely read this book. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series, i'm sure it will be just as brilliant!

 Melody Bittersweet and The Girls' Ghostbusting Agency is a laugh out loud ghostly adventure!

Five stars from me!

Thank you to Bookouture & Netgalley for my copy to read and review. This is my honest 
opinion.

To pre-order/buy:

No comments:

Post a Comment